Saturday, June 2, 2012

"Keeping in touch with God"

Today has been an interesting day.  I got stung by a hornet, and there were a lot of other scary things that happened too.   But the scarriest thing was only a couple minutes ago...


One thing to know about me is that I am terrified to be left alone.  I am scared to death of being away from my parents because I always think that something bad will happen to me...  I'm a hypochondriac.  (I think it is spelled something like that.)  Anyways, I thought I was going to choke on something and my parents were away.  I was really scared because I did not know what I was going to do.  But all of the sudden something came to mind.  "What if I sent God an email?"  Right away I got to work.  It was like a prayer but typed instead of said or thought.  I told God I was afraid and I didn't know what to do, I told him I wanted to be able to trust him.  I told him I needed help and couldn't change on my own.  So...when I was finished I put the email in as a draft because of course there is no mailto:God@gmail.com. %20 (I tried it, hehe.)  And a few minutes later, something AWESOME happened.  I started to feel an amazing peace.  The fear that I had before was gone!!! And in its place came a joy and peace that I never would have had on my own.  It must have been God.  Now I am recognizing the love he has for me and I am willing to put my trust in him.

Well, that is my short little story and I really hope it will encourage you.  You don't have to send an email to God - but do, by all means, pray to him because...  He loves you and he wants to hear from you so go!!  Pray to him right now, he is waiting for you to get in touch with him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment